Network Diagrams are an essential part of any organization’s infrastructure and are quite useful for network engineers and designers. A network diagram is the graphical representation of a network using various predefined styles of lines and pre identified symbols or icons for showing different networking devices.
One of the most important points that need to be considered while creating these drawings is to label them clearly and properly. Some guidelines to ensure that the task of labeling is carried out in a proper and efficient way are as under:
- A detailed study of the floor plans by the network installation professionals is necessary to ensure that the number of ports have been calculated rightly.
- Numbering system for labelling by network installation companies must be approved by the client so that there are no wrong and unwanted connections across the network.
- Be sure to use large sized bold letters, placed suitably far apart, while numbering and labeling the drawings manually so that there is no difficulty in deciphering the labels later.
- Any important notes or instructions should be written on the network drawing itself, so that there are no chances of them being misplaced or lost. Such notes on the drawing also ensure that the chances of errors are reduced by a significant margin.
- Network drawings should be got crosschecked by experts for numbering and labels to minimize the chances of error.
Networking is the lifeline of any company as it enables different departments to communicate effectively and keep a track of the productivity. Either without a good, structured cabling configuration, you could have a very limited network or you could have one that is not functional at all. Therefore, for all commercial organizations, structured cabling installation is vital to provide a strong and reliable networking infrastructure.
The term structured cabling system means that all of the cables and the components are installed in a logical way such that the cabling system is quite independent of the network that uses it, so that either can be updated or modified as per the future needs with minimum rework required. Some of the advantages of having a structured cabling offer following advantages:
- Greater flexibility in moving a connection from one place to another
- To perform any sort of addition or modification
- Improves communication system
- Consistency i.e. same cabling system for everything
- Simplified troubleshooting so that the problems are easier to fix
- Lesser chances of the entire system going down due to problems that can arise anytime
- A structured cabling system provides a platform for the development of audio, video and data components of your system
Although a structured cabling system takes more efforts in its planning, it can cost a little more too. Yet, it will ultimately save more in the future. Since it is a long time investment on which the success of your business depends, therefore it must be done wisely, not miserably.
With the growth and expansion of any business, the network of the businesses also increases thereby resulting in the need to hire the services of a network infrastructure company.
The complexities of expanding the network are the most important things that must be taken care of as the network grows because an unstable network leads to repeated downtime, which in turn results in loss of revenue that is unaffordable for any business.
A network infrastructure company, however, maintains the network stability and ensures that there is minimum or no downtime so that your business can prosper. In addition to maintaining the stability of the network, a good network infrastructure provider also ensures remote connectivity so that it is available to all those who are connected with the business in one way or the other.
Another important area where a network infrastructure company plays an important role is the flexibility of the growing network, which is an essential requirement, as a rigid network is not suitable for any business. One more advantage is of no compatibility issues when new software are added to the existing network.
Thus, keeping in view the above factors, collaborating with a good network infrastructure providing company is necessary for any growing business.