Network Diagrams are an essential part of any organization’s infrastructure and are quite useful for network engineers and designers. A network diagram is the graphical representation of a network using various predefined styles of lines and pre identified symbols or icons for showing different networking devices.
One of the most important points that need to be considered while creating these drawings is to label them clearly and properly. Some guidelines to ensure that the task of labeling is carried out in a proper and efficient way are as under:
- A detailed study of the floor plans by the network installation professionals is necessary to ensure that the number of ports have been calculated rightly.
- Numbering system for labelling by network installation companies must be approved by the client so that there are no wrong and unwanted connections across the network.
- Be sure to use large sized bold letters, placed suitably far apart, while numbering and labeling the drawings manually so that there is no difficulty in deciphering the labels later.
- Any important notes or instructions should be written on the network drawing itself, so that there are no chances of them being misplaced or lost. Such notes on the drawing also ensure that the chances of errors are reduced by a significant margin.
- Network drawings should be got crosschecked by experts for numbering and labels to minimize the chances of error.